terça-feira, agosto 30, 2005

Wide Sargasso Sea

"Set against the lush backdrop of 1830s Jamaica, Jean Rhys's powerful, haunting story was inspired by her fascination with the first Mrs Rochester, the mad wife in Charlotte Brontë's Jane Eyre.If Antoinette Cosway, a spirited Creole heiress, could have foreseen the terrible future that awaited her, she would not have married the young Englishman. Initially drawn to her beauty and sensuality, he becomes increasingly frustrated by his inability to reach into her soul. He forces Antoinette to conform to his rigid Victorian ideals, unaware that in taking away her identity he is destroying a part of himself as well as pushing her towards madness.'A late but brilliant comeback... a tale of dislocation and disposession, which Rhys writes with a kind of romantic cynicism, desperate and pungent' The Times" (Adapted from the back cover) by Paulainen
Someone asked me if I were feeling depressed due to reading this book - I was at the beginning and didn't get it... Now I do! It was really interesting and one can easily find the resemblances specially as it was pointed out - the third part... Yet the whole book seemed like a masterpiece...

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anónimo said...

Nice Blog. If you ever are interested in losing weight or gaining muscle please visit my anabolic steroids site. Thanks again!

12:07 da manhã  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

Sun + SeeBeyond = "Sun Java Integration Suite"
Recently I ran into the annotation of the Forrester's report on J2EE and .NET adoption in the industry.
Visit make money site. It covers make money today.

12:11 da manhã  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

Your blog is great . If I can help, let me know. If you ever need in printing done, I'm sure you'd be interested in budget printing Try budget printing

12:19 da manhã  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

Nice blog guys, well done i will bookmark this blog and come back soon.

I am also setting up my own blog at skateboard trick tips, please visit it sometime

12:19 da manhã  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

Nice blog! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a sugar glider picture site. It pretty much covers sugar glider picture related stuff.

12:21 da manhã  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

No Shortcuts
by: Equity Loan

An old cliché states, “Anything worth doing
is worth doing well.” This should be your
motto. When you want to succeed, you cannot
afford to take shortcuts. Taking shortcuts
leads to imperfection and inadequacies.
Always strive for the best, even if it
requires a little more time and effort.

Equity Loan

12:25 da manhã  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

How your boss may have a hold on you
The battle royale between Microsoft and Google over the hiring of Kai Fu Lee has once again highlighted a fact of life for many employees in the technology industry that has long been a source of resentment if ...
Check out my debt blog. It covers debt information.

12:45 da manhã  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

Cool Blog, I added it to my list and will check in often!

My site's mostly about Free Software , and you
can see it at:
Free Software
Best Wishes,
Ken

12:46 da manhã  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

Great input, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a home business opportunity site. It pretty much covers home business opportunity related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

12:55 da manhã  

Enviar um comentário

<< Home